From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 05:56:19 -0800
Thank you all for your advice on constipation.  I am trying all of it, lol.  It is not the frequency, but rather the inability to push it out, making me have to sit on the toilet many times a day in attempt to eliminating.  Felt like it got impacted and used an enema for immediate relief.  Still it filled back up again.  I am increasing my water, for I wonder if my heated house is causing some rapid dehydration.  Will see.
Thank you again
Lil

Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:27, Thomas Bridgeland wrote:

>On Saturday, Feb 19, 2005 Mermaid Rose wrote:
>
>> I hate this!!! I am getting constipated. Anyone experiencing this?
>> What did you do for it?
>>
>Eat more apples.

Four that have worked for me over the years:

1. Walk, jog, row vigorously (an hour plus at a time) every day until the problem stops.

2. Don't worry about it; resign yourself to clearing your bowels once every two or three days
occasionally, esp if you are changing diet, lifestyle, residence or if you are travelling.

3. Tom's right, fresh raw apples, with skins; go for small apples as they have a higher ratio of
skins to flesh). How many? 3lb daily at a minimum. Likewise fresh, raw plums or apricots. Prunes
(a dried plum). NO fruit juice!

4. Replace half your meat with walnuts - say 30-50 a day. Eat them fresh, straight from the shell,
not from the plastic bag; the latter are almost invariably rancid to varying degrees. Macadamias or
Pecans would be a reasonable alternative to walnuts; again, straight from the shell.

If these food amounts seem excessive, go back to recommendation 1 and increase the time and
effort. The body works as a whole system and a healthy body has activity and diet profiles that
match the Homo sapiens genome. A paleo diet without paleo activity, paleo sleep, paleo
conviviality etc. is only scratching the surface so will yield only sub-optimal outcomes.

Keith