Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:17:27 GMT

>    Natural bugs- well an unhealthy mouth is going to be more susceptible in the
>    first place. I'm sure the same would go for the rest of the alimentary
>    canal. Unlike dogs, we can't cope with other animal's faecal germs, and
>    these are harmful to us. The question is complicated by the obvious local
>    immunodeficiency caused by Neolithic diets....

The dental issue is also complicated by the fact that the seething swamp
of bacteria etc in one's mouth varies from person to person. I read in
New Scientist awhile back that one dental researcher had found and inoculated
himself and others with a superior set of oral bugs from one of his patients
(one wonders: was it a kiss or swab?), and found that some chronic problems
vanished.

SO probably the original paleo guy had different bugs in his/her mouth.
I'd guess too that a Neo diet fosters bad oral bugs, in addition to Neo's
poor mineral intake reducing the salivary remineralization process.

Any dentists out there care to comment?