From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:49:31 MST
Eric wrote:

>Now that I'm not eating so much fruit, it seems that veggies taste
>better now.

I know what you mean!  Whether table sugar or the natural sugars in fruit,
too much sugar numbs the tastebuds.

>Since I react allergically to every oil I've tried I can't find an
>oil to use in my salad.

You say you can eat some nuts; have you tried nut oils?  So far, I've found
macadamia, walnut and almond oils.  Hopefully at least one of those will
agree with you.  It's a shortening and not a liquid, but you may want to try
coconut oil some time.

As for carbs, welcome to my world.  My idea of heaven is fruit, fruit and
more fruit.  But paleo or not, carbs are carbs and carbs are bad for ya if
you've got an insulin problem, which I do.  To lose weight, cut carbs and
increase fat (but not too much, obviously).  I treat myself to fruit maybe
twice a week, tops, when I'm on a roll, anyway.

Let us know if these oils work for you!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  Detailed recipes are taboo, so if you don't wanna hear one, skip this.
  But if you're looking for a fun fat-fest, try a coconut milk shake.
Experiment to find the perfect formula, but I make coco milk ice cubes, then
put into the blender a few cubes, some coco milk and an egg or two.  Eggs
are optional, but it does lend a wonderful richness.  Sweeten as you see
fit; I use stevia since it's carb-free.  If you don't have a carb problem,
there's no end to the fruits you can throw in, but I'm sticking to vanilla
for now.  When I do it right, one of these shakes is as thick as mud.
Mmmmmmmmm.  Enjoy!