From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 03:11:03 -0600
Dr Bernarr Zovluck wrote:
> Watch a dog, cat, bear, bat, horse, etc., when they water fast. They never
> cannibalize their muscles.

Falconers have known this to be untrue for thousands of years.  Falconry is
the art of balancing hunger with performance.  I carefully weight my bird
and her food everyday and try to fly her  at as high a weight as will
produce good results.  If she's too heavy she won't come back, if too low
she lacks the strength and speed to catch anything.  If too low for a few
days, it will takes weeks of exercise to regain her muscles.

When in good shape, this 2 lb. bird won't hesitate to wrestle my 70 lb.
Saluki to the ground if she feels offended(she's done it twice).  Most of
the time Kali and Sheika get along fine.  Since Oct. Kali has taken over 200
lbs. of meat.  I gotta get a bigger freezer!

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.neanderthin.com