From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:35:50 -0700
Erryn Pollock wrote:

> Greetings! I'm brand-new to the list, and believe it or not HAVE looked through the archives for my answer. I didn't find a clear one.
>
> My question is what sort of oils are best for frying, and paleo? Olive oil breaks down too easily...what about sunflower oil? Keep in mind that I don't fry things very often, but I have a paleo-type of fried shrimp recipe I'm dying to try out. :)

Coconut oil is excellent for frying, such as stir-frying, because it does not break down in the
heat as olive oil would.  I no longer do any deep-fat frying, but I use coconut oil for panfrying
and stirfrying.  The medium-chain fatty acids are said to be very healthy.

I use extravirgin olive oil for mayonnaise, salads, italian-flavored soups where heavy-duty frying
is not required.

    Lynnet