From:
Nathen Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 22:16:46 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, January 16, 1998 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [P-F] Bad, bad news

>Nathen:
>   My husband and I were talking the other morning about our individual
>self-images - not mine and his per se, but humans in general.  It is my
>opinion - based on 52 years of observation - that men are "what they do"
>and women are "how they look".

    Interesting.  Are you familier with the theories of psychophysiology,
where people have personality types related to their body types?  Most of
them focus on three body types, but that's really androcentric, as the
"pear" type of body a highly femenine type that goes unnoticed among the
traditional endo-, ecto-, meso-, classification.  According to most
psychophysiological theories, the wedge-shape endomorph is an all-male
counterpart to the pear-shaped feminine type.  The chubby and the lanky
stand as opposites on a spectrum that you could map onto the face of a
clock.  (There are far more than 12 types, but for simplicy sake and
increased visualization ability it will do nicely).  Placing the all-male
body type at high-noon and the chubby-teddy-bear type totally balanced
between masculine and feminine characteristics at nine o-clock, I come out
to somewhere between 8 and 9.  I am a die-hard carnovore, and have many
other masculine traits, but on the flipside I would perfer to date women
three to tweenty years older than myself, I hate sports, and I identify not
at all with my job, but with my phsysical appearence.  Fortunately I don't
have such an abundance of feminine traits that I appear gay.  (A man too
close to the 6 o-clock possition, total pear-shape "Ahnkenaton" look, is
going to appear gay no matter what the actual preference).

    My mom's actually not an earth muffin.  She's kept thin through a more
traditional diet.  When I first urged her to try NeanderThin, she said flat
out that only one of us could be on it at a time and still have enough money
to afford to live in the suburbs.  I'm not too worried about her getting
fat, although it has happened before, and may happen again.

    Well, they suspended her.  I hope she isn't perminently suspended
without pay, as that would be the shitty weasle-way out for not paying
unemployment.  On the bright side, I now have a fresh batch of people to put
curses on (a wonderful way to relieve stress).