From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:21:48 -0700
At 12:34 PM 3/6/01 -0800, Wally Day wrote:

>My dogs are pretty variable (sorry to bring up dogs

well, they eat more like we do than rats :)

and if NeanderThin's still the FAQ, there's the discussion of wolf-dog/man
cooperation (page 42-46) and there are 4 other places in the book where he
talks a little about them--both comparing our diet to theirs
["Anthropologists have long postulated that the simularities in the diets
of wolves/dogs and humans played a pivotal role in their becoming our first
domestic animals."], and using them as an example of what wrong eat can do
to a species.

So while it's not the most enjoyable discussion for those who don't have
dogs, for those that do and that have been through *very* similar research
when switching our dogs from processed foods, grains, etc. to a very
paleo-like diet (including discussion of things like omega 3 and 6 fatty
acid ratios, for example), it's not without precedent, and not all that bad
a choice for comparison...

Anyway, I figure if ongoing discussions of the values of tubers is
on-topic, then dog-oriented observations that are applied to discussions of
human paleo eating are at least as appropriate...  even if I don't have the
power of admin to back it up :)

Dianne