From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:50:05 -0400
Don Wiss wrote:

> I was thinking of buying a high powered gas grill. So my question is: are
> there other paleo people out there grilling their meat?

All the time, Don.  Summer and winter.  This past winter we had 44
inches of snow in Philadelphia and I was out there most days on my
little deck grilling meat.  Basically, I like my meats prepared that
way.  I prefer meats rare anyway, but seared on the outside.  From a
paleo reconstruction angle, this would seem to be optimal.  One of the
advantages of searing is that it kills microbes that could live on the
surface of the meat, while leaving the inside rare minimizes the loss of
nutrients.

Todd Moody