From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 10:25:06 -0400
On Tue, 19 May 1998 07:06:34 -0700, Michele Shoemaker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>At 04:15 AM 5/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>He had a very bad allergy recurring each April/May and did overcome it by
>>eliminating ALL ANIMAL PROTEINS proteins from his diet for about six weeks
>>before the season starts.
>Well it may have worked for him, but I was vegetarian for several years,
>and because I knew dairy was a problem I cut it out usually in early May.
>Still got the allergies.
>Cutting out all meat at this point is simply not an option. I'll stick with
>the diet and use my herbs and vitamins instead.
Hm sorry to hear, that it didn't work for you... I didn't claim that it
would work for everybody, but i know some people which were
helped by that. You also didn't mention if you cut away really ALL animal
proteins (for ex. also EGGS beside the dairy),
and if you were really consequent in this.
I think that the positive effect in avoiding animal proteins for some time
comes from the fact, that animal proteins are much bigger and complexer than
plant proteins, and more similar to human proteins, than plant proteins.
This helps the imune system.
So why not stick to herbs and roots for a while....
A second thing might be the much bigger genetic information in it
(about 2 gigabytes in every cell).

My best whishes to your allergy problem however.

regards
A.S.