From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:04:34 -0700
At 11:17 PM 2/26/01 -0600, Oliva wrote:
>I'm no authority on animals but if I remember correctly, dogs manufacture
>their own vitamin C and I remember reading that mega doses of C require
>Vitamin E to convert the free radical metabolite of C, back to vitamin C and
>yes, it is the bladder that is affected in some people with mega C. Adequate
>flushing of the bladder is usually enough to ward off the stones.  Just my
>.02 worth.....  Oliva

Thanks...  so if I take both responses, the middle road of "when I think
she needs it" is probably the best.  The flushing of the bladder may be a
problem, however, as she doesn't pee a lot--she tends to breath away a lot
of moisture (due to laryngeal paralysis, her airway is partially
blocked--even after a tie-back operation, plus scaring on her lungs means
she needs to breath more to get a normal amount of oxygen...)  And since
I've taken charge of feeding her (first, home cooked, now BARF), she's not
getting stuff that makes her thirsty... I wonder if it would actually
*help* to include some diuretic herbs... hm

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly schedule *human*-oriented
program :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Dianne