From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 01:45:26 -0700
>At the risk of angering some people, I would like to
>ask you the following question.  Dont you think that
>there are limits imposed upon your bodies and after a
>certain point diet changes make no differences?

there is  no limits about the improvements that can be made in our
relationship to food .considering how far we are from a sensible approach.

(In
>other words a plateau).  I say this because it seems
>that a lot of people on this list go into minute
>details about diet.  I am wondering if after finding a
>diet that is generally good for you, if it might not
>be a good idea to just stick with that and not spend
>all of your time chasing after the dream of the
>perfect (down to the last detail) diet.

you might give the same kind of argument to a pianist .tell him that he
should be enough for him to read the music and play in tune . what is the
point for this energy spent in practicing his skills.

>One might also wonder what effect, if any, this
>fastidiousness towards diet has on your social life,
>and if that harm might be greater than the benefit of
>"the perfect diet".

the interest of this quest is that it is never ending , there is no perfect
pianist but some find a lot of joy in  perfecting the communication of
their passion.

>Finally, one might wonder if there is not something a
>bit pathological in it all.  Are people seeking a cure
>from diet for a problem whose true etiology might be
>in a completely different area, be it personal,
>psychological, or social?

when somebody adress his relationship to food he adress all aspects of all
his relationships ( even the ones you will prefer to not have to deal with )
the social psychological or whatever are all interdependants.
you can focus toward whatever is the most apealling to you but in definitive
, you can't escape the  allready set curriculum of learning and healing.
 you can't choose the curriculum but you can decide what you want to learn
at any given time .it is called free will.
what is pathological is to do over and over the same thing and expecting a
different result .
when you don't like the result you better try something new.
You can also be happy accepting the results of wrong relationship to food
and die in blissfull ignorance of what might be the source of that cancer .
I will agree with you nothing outside of you can heal you on its own.

>Just a few things that come to mind.

thanks for sharing your experience  of the changes in diet .
try to change your relationship to diets ...
jean-claude