From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 02:28:41 -0400
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:27:29 -0400, Wally Ballou
wrote:

>No, I assume that these tasty and abundant sources of ESSENTIAL fats and
>proteins WERE consumed as a matter of course, and preferentially whenever
>they were available.  On the other hand, you seem to find it necessary
>(despite your protestations) to obfuscate the issue by coming up with all
>sorts of reasons that "megafauna" could not possibly have been a
>significant part of the diet, as if that was the ONLY possible source of
>available animal protein...

There are only two kinds of essential fats:
alpha-linoleic acid (LA)and alpha-linolenic acid (LNA).
Both are readily available from plants.

Protein consists of 21 amino acids of which 9 are essential.
All of these are readily available from plants.
What was your point about animal protein?

Lucy on the plane with a grassho-ho-hopper
 or
Lucy on the plane with a tu-u-uber?

You'd prefer the grasshopper? Ok I take the tuber.
Any bets what's more satisfying?
(You like to bet, don't you?)

>> You don't mean a band of Australopithecine women, Lucy and sisters,
>> do you?
>
>Yes Amadeus, that is precisely what I mean...
>
>If you honestly doubt their abilities, I suggest you consider how you
>would fare against ONE adult female chimpanzee.

What would you suppose such a band of women might do with me?
I am tasty.
But I am not interested in chimpanzee girls and i suppose also not
so much in Australopithecines (though Lucy was charming).

I think I missed to include the ;-)

Amadeus