From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:54:25 -0600
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:36:42 -0600, Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I have two questions, hoping they're pertinent this time.
>
> 1. What do you think of the habit of eating more than one kind of protein
> at a given meal, say: bacon and eggs; eggs and meat; oysters and meat;
> fish and cheese (albeit cheese is not paleo); meat and nuts, and so on?
> Is this ok? Can the body handle well protein coming from different
> sources? Or
> should we limit our protein to only one source at a time?

The body doesn't care if you eat two proteins at once.  At least it's
never bothered my body, I'll put it that way.

> 2. Manual labourer. ... Do you think a strict paleo diet will work for
> such a man? ... What I have on mind is that man who has very little
> choices and must work almost like a slave. How will you customize a
> paleo diet for him?

He's going to have to keep his calories high to sustain all that
activity.  So he's either going to have to increase food quantity, or
increase caloric density.  If his system can tolerate it, dried fruit is
extremely calorie dense, and can be eaten without preparation "on the
go".  Nuts are also calories dense and can be eaten quick and easy.  He'd
want to get plenty of protein to repair the muscles from all the work.
But overall, I don't think he'd have any particular problems with a paleo
diet, as long as he kept up the calories.

As for your other question (in a separate message) about whether there are
any paleo foods that have to used in moderation, I think that's going to
depend greatly on the individual, their condition, situation, tolerances,
and goals.  The same would be true of any diet, paleo or otherwise.

--
   Robert Kesterson