Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 19:02:34 -0700
You know I hear all the time from people that meat doesn't have flavor, that it's the fat.  And I agree to the extent that I love a good tasting animal fat - for me: buffalo for example.  But it is not true that lean meat doesn't taste good.  At least it's not true for me.  I think that I am a glutamate freak.  I love the taste of meat, lean, fat or somewhere in-between.  I don't like the taste of pork fat on beef.  Why people think they have to wrap a filet in bacon is beyond me.  I love the flavor of a filet.  And yes it does have flavor - to me.  Yes a fattier venison is better tasting - but even lean venison (or elk or any of the red meat variety that I love so much) tastes good to me.
gale