From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 07:15:33 EST
John McKenzie wrote to Dr. Bernarr:
"Dr Bernarr wrote:
                                       HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
I have helped heal hepatitis C in many people, completely and permanently."

McKenzie: "Permanently in what sense? As in eventually they die and the
period of
aid/care comes to an end?"

Bernarr: "The respective patients whom I helped heal permanently, had
previously been diagnosed by other practitioners of their choice, prior to
coming under my care, to have had hepatitis C. After being under my care,
they were examined again by practitioners of their choice, and found to no
longer have hepatitis C and remained symptom free for many years thereafter.
Since I teach people how to help heal themselves, world-wide, some of these
people live many thousands of miles from me. I have never personally met them
nor will I probably ever meet them in person."

McKenzie: "Please provide links to any peer reviewed trials, or equivalently
scrutinised evidence to back up any of your claims. I don't know whether you
are genuine in your concern, or if there is some sort of self esteem or other
perception of status that is in such great need that you promote yourself and
your practices (and if that's meant to be with an s I am sorry) as you do,
but aren't you at all concerned with the lack of objective data to support
most of your methods? Should it not at least be tempered with the phrase 'not
fully understood, tested or proven' or
some such thing?"

Bernarr: "I do not have the financial resources to conduct 'peer reviewed
trials, or equivalently scrutinised evidence to back up any of' my 'claims' .
I conduct a nonprofit organization, recognized by the U.S.A. Internal Revenue
Service, as tax exempt. None of the money donated to our nonprofit
organization goes into my pocket. I work without receiving any salary. Our
organization depends on its finances from the tax deductible donations of the
general public. I am genuine in my concern. I want to teach people all over
the world, via the Internet, that they can self-heal  themselves of any
disease. I never consider it beneath my dignity to do anything to help
relieve human suffering. Kirt Nieft can tell his friend to pursue my
suggested way of helping heal his hepatitis C. Others on this message board
who have hepatitis C, can also pursue my suggested way of self-healing their
respective hepatitis C. Then they all can report back to this message board,
the results of their application of my self-healing methods of helping heal
their respective hepatitis C "

McKenzie: "It could be argued that not many experts on Hep C are experts on
meditation (and this comes up in faith healing/ refusal or medical
intervention cases somewhat), but they ae experts on that disease or virus,
or disability (I am applying this as a generalisation to whether we are
discussing hep c, aids, you name it) - and as such they would (naturally)
investigate as much as possible anything that showed
promise. As it stands there is not (and I am betting will not) any proven
cases where someone cured Hep C with positive thinking. Just like aids, there
are some people who have been randomly genetically coded to be immune to HIV
- and they are being studied. I am sure that most people would want to 'hope
for the best' with regard to this, but it would seem those who are naturally
resistant or immune would be so
whether they thought positively about it or not."

McKenzie wrote: "No doubt positive thinking, meditation, even exercise has
many benefits on a large scale physical level, or more specifically on the
hormonal
mileu, which can play a big part in ones health and general well being, but
it is not the last word. If you are tied to the railroad tracks with a train
approaching, no amount of meditation will save you."

McKenzie wrote "In these times, we can investigate evolutionary based eating
and so forth, but we should not discount everything about modern medicine - by
all means investigate everything, but don't turn your back on it all.
Modern medicine has progressed from the days of leeches and exorcisms."

Bernarr: "It is your and anyone else's prerogative to believe whatever you or
they
choose to believe. For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For
those who do not believe, no explanation is possible."