From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:18:16 -0500
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Kathy Partridge wrote:

> Interesting. I have had eczema all my life, and I have noticed that when I
> eat beef, it really flares up. If I stick to poultry (especially dark
> meat), my skin is much better - in fact the eczema is minimal. I had been
> thinking that AA was my problem with the beef (based on what the Eades have
> to say about it in PP), but then again, I'm able to eat egg yolks (another
> supposed AA problem food) with no problem. So I'm at a loss to explain my
> experience - maybe I just have a plain old food allergy where beef is
> concerned?

The fact that you can eat egg yolks is a decisive refutation of
the hypothesis that AA is causing your eczema, since they are
considerably higher in AA than beef, chicken, or just about any
other food that you can name.  And if you check the USDA you'll
find that the dark meat from chicken is higher in AA than the
white meat.  So yes, there's a good chance that you are simply
allergic to beef; it's not that unusual.  You might try
free-range beef to see if something in the grain-feeding of the
animal is what is setting off your eczema, but my guess is that
it's the beef itself.  After all, chickens are grain-fed too.

Todd Moody