From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 15:32:43 -0400
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, kim birney wrote:

> I would hate to think of how much I would weigh if I
> substituted nuts for even a small portion of the meat I eat.
> I can eat about an once of nuts per week without
> experiencing weight gain.

If this is true, it certainly contradicts the principles of
Neanderthin, according to which you should be able to eat
unlimited amounts of any paleolithic food, including nuts,
without gaining weight.  Obesity is supposed to be an immune
disorder, caused by foreign proteins.  The proteins in nuts should
not be foreign, since people have eaten them forever.
Furthermore, the percentage of calories from fat in nuts is
comparable to that of pemmican.

I wonder if others find that eating nuts causes weight gain.

Todd Moody