Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:47:14 -0400
<<Where is that narrow line between eating a lot of foods that have the same
effect of taking a pill that contains doses of the same ingredient?  And
what
about people that are still suffering from depression in spite of the fact
that they eat Paleo?  Are there any around?>>

I think of any kind of supplements this way:  if there is a deficit, then
you need to do more than the natural way of making up for the deficit.  Our
bodies' chemistry is unique to each of us.  The 'symptoms' one experiences
are the body's way of telling one what one needs.

Another issue with food is that we can both eat the same foods, but the
nutritional content will vary by where it is grown, how it is grown, the
conditions during growth, and how it was harvested.  This leaves alot of
room for difference in nutritional content.

The danger I indulge in, and I tend to see here, is that we can micro-focus
so much, we can miss the forest for the trees.  Is everyone here who is
voicing concerns eating organic, non-GMO veggies?  Naturally raised,
grass-fed meat? Clean water? We can't really tell what we need until we have
the basics in place.  And then, we're only talking about food, not the
profound effect of our emotional, intellectual and spiritual health on our
bodies.  These are the basics.  We can't refine our 'houses' until we've
built the foundation.

Siobhan