From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:48:59 -0500
amadeus wrote:
>Buddism and I think most other religions which follow the ideal not to
>hurt any living beeings (ahimsa) does *not* demand to abstain from
>meat. It's just that the animals musn't be hurt. So, if you find a
>accidentally" dead animal, you can eat it delighted. Some animals fall
>off the mountain (really, in spring).

from http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/robinson/robinson020122.html, an
account by a Canadian doctor volunteering in Kathmandu, Nepal:

"Most Buddhists do not eat meat but on a semi-regular basis yaks fell
off the trail. We called them yakcidents. One minute the yak was just
walking along, obediently following in the footsteps of the yak in
front of it, a chain in the common Nepalese yak train. The next minute
it was tumbling down the side of the escarpment. Once the yak lay
lifeless at
the bottom of the cliff there seemed little point in wasting. Might as
well eat the meat while it's fresh."

Cheyenne

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca