Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:37:24 -0400
Julie Feickert wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> --Do I need to worry about calorie intake or will that naturally
> regulate?   I don't formally exercise (just chasing a very
> active toddler) but I'm going to start (only for purposes of being in
> better shape-not as a weight loss tool).

It will naturally regulate if you eat animal fat and meat in the right
proportion. About 70% fat (actually tallow) by calories looks to be
about right for adult males, don't know about you. I suggest you trust
your own stomach.
Please note that I and others experimented with coconut oil, and found
it worthless and expensive.

> --How long does it take for a body to switch over to being happy with
> a high fat diet (using ketones for fuel, etc.)?  Is it the same day
> you start eating a high fat diet or does it take awhile?  I've been
> feeling a little yucky since switching to 70-80% fat and my body
> seems to be cleaning itself out (sorry TMI).  I feel like I'm giving
> my body only really good food (pastured meats, eggs and animal fats;
> coconut oil; nuts and nut butters mainly that have been soaked and
> dried; organic produce; a little bit of raw honey, etc.).

It takes a while, and it depends on age and other things, however it is
complicated by the veggies you eat. All of them seem to contain some
anti-nutrients.

Experience shows that you can trust fat (or tallow) and raw grassfed
meat, anything else is problematical. Check here, especially the
experience of  delfuego's family: http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com/

Best Wishes,

William