From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 04:03:19 -0500
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:48, Don Wiss wrote:

>Eliot Martin Glick posted:
>
> > Keep in mind that most
> >of your "paleo-persons" only lived
> >to be 25-35 years old.
>
>Which makes no sense. It takes say 16 years for a human to develop to the
>stage where they can go out on their own and reproduce. If they died at
>25-35 they'd be lucky if they were able to raise a single child. And with
>the problems of infant mortality we, as a race, would have died out long ago.
>
>Of course, the person that wrote that is simply wrong.
>
>Plus that wouldn't be long enough to pass on the hunting and gathering
>knowledge to the next generation.
>
>Don.

The responses received so far indicate little or no knowledge of human evolution and have been
dashed off from within their limited frame of reference, sitting at the keyboard and writing the
first thing that comes into their heads.

CR - in its core principle - cuts right across palaeolithic eating.  The CR-ers go for caloric
restriction day after day after day.  Palaeolithic eating would go for randomly distributed snacking,
deprivation, gorging etc.  The fact that CR has a planned restriction and Palaeolithic eating has
occasional deprivation is not really enogh to say they have much in common.

Keith