From:
Kimberly Denise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:24:14 -0500
Does anyone have any comments / experience  on eating bee-pollen ?
Can it be harmful in any way ? (allergy, digestability?, toxicity?)>>

I tried bee pollen once many years ago.  I am somewhat allergic to many
kinds of pollen (but not violently allergic), so I was a bit hesitant to try
it and only ate a tiny bit.  Shortly thereafter, I began to wheeze, my face
turned bright red, and I felt my throat beginning to close.  I thought I was
in for a trip to the emergency room, but the beekeeper gave me some fresh
honey and it seemed to keep the reaction from getting any worse.  The
symptoms slowly dissipated over the course of an hour or so.

Needless to say, I haven't experimented with bee pollen again.  :)

Kim