Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 03:29:10 -0500
Don Wiss wrote:

> You sound as if my page was carved in stone. Now I searched for this
>  and found this page: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/zero-carb-diet/,
>  but there is nothing there about it being raw.

I apologize. Been spending too much time at rawpaleoforum.

If the meat is not raw it doesn't provide all the required nutrients.

> This page discusses it, but no mention of anyone actually following
> it:
> http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2009/8/16/raw-paleo-and-zero-carb-right-for-the-wrong-reasons.html

Some follow it at rawpaleoforum.com, but ~400 are at
zeroinginonhealth.com; impressive stories of healing - note the pemmican
thread. There were a thousand more, but the owner decided
to purge all the lurkers. He also denied that it is paleo, while I can't
see any other possibility.

> Isn't Aajonus Vonderplanitz's diet close to being raw zero
> carbohydrate?

Not with all that honey, dairy and fruit in his books, however what he
advises in private consultations will be different.

> What is GCBC?

Good Calories Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes. He is a science writer IIRC
for New York Times, and makes a good presentation of the opposing
arguments against high carbohydrate versus low or zero.Again
IIRC. Was discussed here a while ago.

You might also mention pemmican, which is what made it possible for me
to go on a strict raw zero carb diet; google or ixquick "Lex Rooker
Pemmican" to see the recipe I followed.
It works, and I finally found remission from the heart problem. :D

William