From:
Julie Jarvis RPA-C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:20:42 -0600
Sassafras tea tastes amazingly like rootbeer-- in fact I think that
sassafras root is the ingredient that "root" beer is made from, but I'm
not sure.  I think  that old-fashioned sasparilla is soda made from
sassafras.  I bet you could make a tea, then sweeten with honey, and you
could use dry ice to make it carbonated.  I don't know if the dry ice is
Paleo, but it's just adding bubbles.  We used to make rootbeer with
rootbeer flavoring and water, then put a about 1 pound of dry ice in a
large container with it and wait a couple of hours for it to get
carbonated.  I'll have to try it with the sassafras tea.

Julie