From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:33:28 +1100
At 6:04 PM -0600 17/1/02, Erryn Pollock wrote:

>She's not eating anything she didn't eat before, just cut out
>sugars/grains/beans/etc. We don't think she has a virus, but we're
>about stumped. Does anybody have any suggestions/ideas?

Might I float the idea that she has an allergy to one of the items she
is now eating more of? The symptoms sound a lot like how I feel after
eating onions, to which I am allergic. Only more severe.

I find that most of my allergies have a "threshold". If I eat a
little of an allergen, I'm fine. If I eat a lot of it I get all
the standard allergic reactions. Funny thing is, if I eat say a
little onion I don't get an onion reaction, but I find I become
much more sensitive to say my pollen or house dust allergies.

The Texas Lowcarb Elimination Diet can be a nifty way of finding
out about foods to which you have allergies or intolerances. You
have to *really* want to do it though because it's heavy going.
Let me know if you can't find a link to it and I'll send you
an outline. I think it'll be in this list's archives though.

Your wife's problems could also be a reaction to antibiotics/hormones
in the meat, although that's a long shot. Perhaps try some organic
meat for a few days and see if that helps.

And as others have said, it's probably worth consulting an MD,
especially if you use one that's paleo-friendly.

 ...Richard.