From:
Carol Feehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 14:24:43 -0700
>Also, we'll be taking a trip next week by car, and my husband and I are
>notorious snackers when we travel.  (NEVER at home!)

You might want to look at this from more of a psych perspective.
Is eating part of the fun? To kill boredom? Or because you're more
active when traveling and really need more food?

I travel for work about a week out of every month, and found that
I was going through way too many "munchy" items and that in some
ways it was a "food as entertainment" scenario.  So I started
packing food items that I could eat if I was REALLY hungry (tuna,
kippers, sardines) instead of just bored. Half the time, I return
now with the full stockpile. This is probably more important for
me because I still have about 20 lbs to go to my weight goal and
need to put some limits on nuts and fruits until then.

             /carol in seattle

carol feehan          [log in to unmask]
"There are your fog people and your sun people, he said.
 I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded.
 Fog'll do that to you, he said."