From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:38:23 -0500
I have been on the eating-once-per-day diet for about 2 years now and do
very well with it. I will "cheat" fairly often for social reasons or on
vacation but basically stick to it. I think your body learns how to
control its own blood sugar without food and maintains more sensitivity
to insulin.

I think there is evidence that estrogen can increased insulin resistance
and it is logical that women would respond differently to this type of
diet. I also think that eating more frequently have been more paleo for
hunter-gatherer women than it was for men.

--Richard