From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:25:01 -0600
From: "Steve" <[log in to unmask]>

> Don't eat foods with nitrites or nitrates like almost all ham and/or bacon.  I
> have found nitrite and nitrate free foods on occasion but I would think that
> preserved foods like ham and bacon (and hotdogs etc.) would be off the paleo
> menu.

Steve, you're so right.  I don't eat food w/ nitrates at home but I do when I am having breakfast at a restaurant, which I do ea. Friday w/ friends.

It is hard to find anything to eat for b'fast at local restaurants.  I have been carrying fruit (vit C) in my purse thinking that it would counteract the nitrates/nitrites.  Apparently I was wrong all these years....

So... other than eggs (non-organic) & the fruit I carry, what can I eat?  Maybe I can ask for a salad.  That said, I like my daily breakfast to be my high protein meal.

Kath in NM
Kath