From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:54:00 -0500
> My two best personal depression fighters are :
> - enough fat in my diet (it means a lot of fat)
> - enough water
>
> If I control those two factors others like stress, overwork, overpartying,
> etc. seems to be irrelevant. Life can make me tired but never depressed.
> I am really amazed how my stress resistance increased on a proper diet.
> When I compare my behavior now and when being a veggie it's like two
> different persons.

I find that there is a natural rhythm to my day (not a shocking bolt out of
the blue discovery, I know) and eating paleo makes the low and slow point
*much* less low and slow.

Didn't you used to have this experience: you'd go to lunch, and come back to
work groggy and sleepy for two hours or so.  With paleo eating (and really
with low carb when I was doing that) I don't feel so low and slow after
lunch.

I think depression has something to do with this, too. I feel natural cycles
over days and weeks, and I think paleo lifts the low and slow point in the
cycle. I really don't get depressed at all and like you I feel my stress
levels down, even in a period trough.

Recently I have been working with Eckhart Tolle's book, The Power of Now,
and this is resulting in tremendous changes in my experience through life.
Paleo eating seems intuitively even more right.

--Richard