From:
Jim Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:24:02 -0400
Zoe,
    The biggest problem I had for the first few days was going
hypoglycemic because I was still taking all my meds.  After I cut them
out everything was fine. I did get occasional cravings for things like
pastries, junk food, but they didn't last long.  To a certain extent
eating meat (the forbidden, politically incorrect food these days) was
so satisfying I didn't miss the other things I didn't eat.  Also, not
taking my diabetes meds meant if I cheated and ate something I
shouldn't,  in about an hour I was feeling pretty bad.  Built in
physical reinforcer.
This, plus the ability to eat when you want, really helps.
                Jim