Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:43:10 GMT
>    Quoth:    Maria Tomashefsky-Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
>    Is it really possible to be a vegetarian paleo?
>
>    I was constantly subject to Epstein Barr, Mononucleosis, Chronic Fatigue,
>    Strep Throat (on a regular basis), viral bronchitis:  basically I spent most
>    of my time sick.

Welcome to the dismal world of the Neolithic/SAD WOL :-(

>    while I can agree with vegetarianism
>    from a moral point of view (which is why I was unable to consume animal
>    flesh), but from a health standpoint, it is clearly not such a good thing.

So much for moral dogmatism applied to diet.

>    Besides, as a paleo-vegetarian, where would you ever manage to get enough
>    protein (and fat)?

Seems to me that protein & fat are not the sole concerns in any diet,
much less only in Paleo. Minerals & essential enzymes, vitamins
and the LACK of Neolithic-derived antagonistic proteins etc are
the larger issues. Anybody eating a western diet, esp. in N. America,
can get enough fat/carbo-calories & protein, yet these populations
have extremely high disease rates while eating this "sensible, varied" diet.

So the question this Paleo concerns self with is not the p & f
issue, but how to avoid the Neolithic Forbiddens while maximizing
the fat/meaty/veg and dirt-(mineral)laden foods of the Paleo past?