From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 09:01:44 +0900

>> NO immunization fits in anywhere in a discussion of health.
>
> And here is the dissenting voice ;-)

etc etc

On rereading my post I see that I probably came on too strong. I am
definitely NOT trying to start a flame war with Ginny, so I apologize
to her first. And I am not denigrating or minimizing the very real
anguish felt by parents whose children suffer (and even occasionally
die) from vaccinations. There are some very real dangers from
vaccinations, and it is probably best to spread out vaccinations, and
delay them as long as possible to try to avoid these dangers. But the
many millions of lives saved far outweighs the small number of bad
reactions.

The combined MMR vaccine is the one usually cited as causing bad
reactions. Ask your Doctor if you can get the vaccines, Measles, Mumps,
and Rubella, separately over the course of a year, rather than the
combined vaccine. I believe these are still available individually. It
will cost more, but...

I see it as similar to police. Police manage to kill a surprising
number of innocent people by accident or through poor judgment, but not
many of us are calling for the elimination of all police because of
this. It is a balance of one bad thing preventing another much worse.