From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:05:10 -0500
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:46:42 -0600, Thomas Gentles
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I eat a lot of seeds and so I've been concerned about this apparent
>conflict. Should I be eating seeds or not?? I'd be grateful for further
>advice.

I personally think that seeds (oily and starchy ones) and tubers are the
*best* paleo food man can eat. *The* real ecological niche for hominids.

Many aspects speak for this
- real paleo availability, for millions of years
- the good macronutrient composition
- the good content of vitamins, minerals and fiber
- the good content of brain food (carbohydrate with B-Vitamins)

All of these are basic paleo properties.

There are today's drawbacks as well.
Due to the omnipresence of wheat and some few other mass staples,
allergies and autoimune diseases have developped and many are triggered
my the mass staples. Gluten and milk for example.

And extracted carbohydrates produce diabetes.

No wonder that Ray Audette disregards or condemns them, as he has
1.rheumatiod athritis (an autoimune disease) and
2.diabetes.

Given these facts of today I think it *is* advisable to be careful with
seeds. Particularly the mass seeds of today.

Better rotate with foods and better to find and use more seldom items.
And better to learn about traditional preparation techniques.

regards, Amadeus S.