From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:07:43 MDT
Wally wondered...

>From what I've seen and read of
>HG's, I don't think many of them wear shoes. So, do
>they experience this problem? And, if so, what do you
>suppose they do about it?
>
>Ideas? Suggestions?

I have no idea what they did, although I remember something about
modern
tribal peoples dipping thier feet in melted natural rubber and making
'shoes' in the wild.  A National Geographic story, maybe?

At any rate, here's what to do.  Go to the Dr. Scholl's section of
your
nearest K-Mart, Wal-Mart or drug store and get a device (the name of
which I
forget) shaped like a shoehorn with black sandpaper on each side.
This
works FAR better than a pumice stone.

I hate cracked heels.  If I wore socks every day, I wouldn't have this
problem.  But being a girly girl, I wear hose and heels (hubba
hubba!),
which leaves your feet dry.  Ask any woman who must wear stockings
with her
fancy work shoes and she'll confirm this.

Maybe somebody else remembers the name of this doo-hickey, but by the
description you shouldn't have a problem finding it.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO