From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:07:54 -0500
 >while. The ketostix have been showing
low to moderate ketosis for two weeks now, and I've been doing a hard
weight workout every two or three days, but I haven't lost a single
pound. Anyone else experience this sort of difficulty? Atkins is really
supposed to work and I've been able to lose weight before. I'm eating a
fair amount of fat, but that's what Atkins says to do, and he doesn't
say to count calories. One thing I'm wondering about is why my basal
body temperature is so low (96.8 F)>

Sounds like me -- I too can go into ketosis and
not lose weight; I can go into ketosis, count and keep my calories low,

exercise, do weights and still not lose weight.
Often, I too have a low body temperatue -- sometimes down into the 95

something range -- at least according to my
thermometer. Yet because of hot flashes I often feel hot. Go figure. My doctor

says my thyroid hormones are fine. Personally I
am tired of obsessing about my weight -- it's not worth the extra time I might

live if thinner. It's ruining the time I'm alive
now. I figure all I can do is eat healthy, exercise, meditate, etc. and enjoy

life. My body is stubbornly hanging on to the
excess fat -- maybe it knows something my ego doesn't.

(hope this goes through this time - I am
experimently using netscape to avoid the html
problem I'm having with aol for OS 10

-- there appears to be no way to change the
preferences inside AOL, even according to aol.)

Namaste, Liz