From:
judy genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:15:53 EDT
Dorie,

Am I misunderstanding your post:

" One of the foods to
>avoid?  A banana.  Dave doesn't quite go ballistic but says we HAVE to get
>that off the list, it's crazy, yadda yadda yadda.  "Let me tell you one
>reason that's bad; bananas are an excellent source of potassium."  To which
>I say "Yes, but so are avacados."  You know what came next.  "But THEY have
>cholesterol in them!"

I don't understand who is saying what, and where you stand....

Why are bananas bad? Why is there a value judgement placed on high
carb
paleo vs. low carb paleo food options? Both may be necessary for
optimum
health, weight loss, happiness at certain times.

Or are you just referring to weight loss here? Even still, both may
promote
weight loss or gain, depending on the person's needs.  If Justin eats
3
bananas, he may keep his bodyfat at an optimal level, and have enough
energy
to replace what he used up in his workout. But the 4th banana might
send him
over the edge.  Nothing is black or white. Even THE BIG NO NO  sugar
(dextrose) can save your life if you are on the verge of a diabetic
coma...
ANd too much ________ (Fill in blank with your favorite Paleo Correct
Option) can kill ya....

I think dualistic thinking is as dangerous as proselytizing dietary
dictums
in books to make a profit.  I am not saying you are doing this Dorie,
btw...
   Believe me, I used to be a boneheaded Macrobiotic, and I don't want
to be
a boneheaded Paleo.  I think cultivation of thinking for oneself is
far more
important than counting carbs anyway.  And with that said, I still
wanna
know how many carbs are in Yucca root - HA.  We Boneheads are a wacky
bunch....

Real Life is what  happens in between eating anyway......

JEEZ, that banana I just ate must have gone to my head!!!

But really, isn't the whole point to return to original eating?
Working out
the fine details is the the fun part of discovering one's own return
instinctual way of life.

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl