From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 06:25:23 -0400
Whenever someone dies from a disease of civilization at a young age,
I become curious as to the diet they followed. This is what I've been
able to get from the web: Back in Apple's formative days Steve was a
fruitarian/raw vegan. After that he was best known for being a
vegetarian. Steve was having digestive problems along the way, and
because of those investigations his cancer was diagnosed at an early
stage. Immediate surgery was recommended. Instead Steve spend nine
months trying to cure his cancer with diet. It got worse and then he
got the operation. This delay was not helpful and probably shortened
his life some.

Then I find something about a lack of protein. In his later years he
was a pescatarian. He was very good friends with Dean Ornish. One can
presume that he followed Ornish's recommendations and avoided all fats.