From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:00:56 -0700
  Hi William,
I would argue that the constant state of mild euphoria in zero carb
comes from a steady and ample supply of tryptophan instead of the surges
that come from insulin spikes. Zero carb would also  reduce the gut
inflammation that comes with the SAD.  Inflammation uses up serotoinin
(which is made from tryptophan) so sub-optimal quantities would be
reaching the brain in a person on a SAD, whereas with little or not gut
inflammation, there should be ample tryptophan for transport into the
brain where ample serotonin production could then take place.

There are also some seasonal rhythms that dictate some of our taste
preferences - aimed at storing fats for the winter months ahead.

best wishes,
Ron

--
PK