From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:40:53 -0800
Hi William,
Although this isn't my belief, I think that most folks would say that
the use of the term evolution may be somewhat anti-religious or at least
neutral regarding religion. There just aren't many religions that push
the concept of evolution.

For instance, despite the arguments that evolution has accelerated since
the beginning of the Neolithic, based on retention of lactase well into
adulthood, in several isolated regions of the world, the overall length
of the GI tract is still quite similar, the vestigial appendix is  the
rule, and comparisons with species that are better equipped to consume
neolithic grains, for instance, show enormous differences in digestive
tracts. I don't think that we need to deny evolution to gain credibility
for the principles that support the Paleo died.

Best Wishes,
Ron

--
PK