From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 19:44:24 -0800
Hello,

Of course, it is difficult to demonstrate exactly what is going on in these
examples without a controlled study.

One possibility that occurred to me each time I read one of these anecdotes in
the thread is that consuming too little fat prevents fat loss.   It seems that
the body conserves fat when it perceives there is a scarcity.  Thus, you can
actually stall weight loss by consuming too little fat.   (There are more
technical details, but this is the gist.)

So, it occurred to me that the "dairy" addition that triggered the weight loss,
may simply have been a fat addition.

--
Cheers,

Ken