From:
Bridgeland Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 12:40:00 +0900
On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 12:08 Asia/Tokyo, Lynnet Bannion wrote:
> our goal is to keep your insulin nice and low, so: small meals, not
> much fruit.  This prevents insulin resistance, which leads to Type 2
> diabetes.
> I've got a lot of diabetes in my family on my father's side,

Me too, on one side, so it is a question. So far so good in my
generation.

I do have one question regarding insulin and fasting glucose. Insulin
is raised when you eat starch/sugar, of course. But it is also raised
if you eat a high protein meal even with low carb. So, my question is,
if your goal is low insulin/low blood glucose, wouldn't a diet where
the energy comes mainly from fat be best? That is, low carb, low to
moderate protein, high fat.