From:
"M.E. C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:44:30 EST
In a message dated 11/13/01 6:35:35 AM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Amadeus, I just happened to read the chapter on ancient Egyptians in
 >Eades's first book, Protein Power. ..
 > The huge number of mummies
 >available for study show widespread obesity, calcified atherosclerosis,
 >and hypertension, as well as gum disease.

 Due to the large number of mummies we have (much more from richer than from
 poorer people) we can see a lot of diseases in the conservated corpses.
 From most other cultures we can see the bones only.
 Egyptians had a lot of diseases, as you tell. Cancer, infections, parasites.
 But obesity? The mummies I personally have seen were not obese.

Sorry I don't have exact info here but a couple of months ago on the
Discovery channel there was a show about mummies, research on them etc..and
they stated that the mummies of the well to do showed signs of good nutrition
and records showed that they ate quite a bit of meat,fruit,veg....I wondered
about this when I saw the show because of what I had read in Protein Power.