From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:54:32 -0400
Kathleen Lunson wrote:

>>On an individual basis I also consider the addictive quality of the
food.  By this I mean that if I observe a tendency to overeat a
particular food, to go to it even when I am not actually hungry, then
this raises a personal red flag to me.  Many writers in the field of
weight control raise the issue that intolerance foods seem to carry an
addictive character for the individuals for whom they are intolerance
foods.  I find this appears to be true for me.<<

I also find this to be true, although the addictive foods may be paleo
as well, in my case.  For example, I seem to be able to eat very large
amounts of fatty protein sources without hitting satiety.  Broiled
chicken wings, fatty pot roast, etc.  I can eat lots of this stuff, and
if I do, of course I gain weight.  I reach satiety much sooner with
leaner protein sources.  Some fruits, but not others, also have this
addictive quality.  Grapes are hard to control, but I can have a single
slice of watermelon and be done with it.  I never want a second banana
or a second yam, but I can eat quite a lot of butternut squash.

Very strange.

Todd Moody