From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:09:26 +1100
Christy, the point is that if you eat Paleo, you won't get diabetes if you
get the virus. (IF the theory is correct). Any textbook of Medicine (eg
Harrisons principles and Practice of medicine or Davidson's P & P) should
mention viruses as being a possible cause of juvenile diabetes. Loren
Cordain's paper that I mentioned gives the mechanism involving the virus but
it's very high power science requiring a background in immunology etc- it's
for the scientists (or masochists) on the list.

The final answer is not out for the cause of juvenile diabees but there is a
convincing case that it's related to a combination of:
Immune disturbance due to neolithic (non-paleo) food toxins
A particular virus
Can't remember how much the genetics came into it, but they must.

I found it quite fascinating as a concept of illness causation. [not
fascinating if you've got it i suppose ;-)- ]
Ben Balzer