From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:16:08 -0800
On the other hand...

I've been diagnosed with adult ADD and tried Ritalin. It had minimal effect,
either way. I weighed about 250 pounds at the time and was supposed to take
five 20 mg doses every two hours or so during the workday to help me
concentrate, etc. One day I mistakenly took all five doses at once along with
a handful of vitamins. The only reaction I had was a slightly dry mouth, and
I only realized that when I dug around in my empty pocket for the second dose
of the day. I suspect that I wouldn't be much affected by cocaine, either, if
I ever tried it.

It's necessary to be cautious about generalizing. If we were all the same,
medical research and treatment would be a lot easier.

Bill