From:
A Gryphon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:16:36 -0500
>Druids, Masons, Satanists, Wiccans, lets see, who did I leave
>out.............  all celebrate Halloween starting from Oct. 1 all the
>way threw to the 31st. The 31st being the climax of the festivals.
>Including sacrifices, both human and animal.

Do you have any references for this? Any backing whatsoever?

October 31, also known as Samhain, is a day to honour ancestors and loved
ones who have gone before us, and to prepare for the coming winter. I do not
know of any practices involving human or animal sacrifices.

>Although I should clarify, the sacrifices came mostly from Masons and
>Satanists.  Antichrist is the name we use today to mean Lucifer, Satan,
>the Devil, Abbadon, The Angel of Light among many more names..........

ALL of which are Christian constructs. NONE of these have any place in
Wicca, Druidry or any other Pagan path of which I am aware. I must admit I
have virtually no knowledge of Masonry. The Church of Satan also has nothing
to do with the Christian devil. For anyone who is interested, see
www.churchofsatan.org

And remember:

There is a principle which is a bar against all information,
which is proof against all arguments
and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--
that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

-Herbert Spencer

Irene