From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 05:37:17 -0400
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:08:18 -1000, Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I believe the data is in error then.
So it's easy for us. Just wait for annother examination of human milk
with lipid resolution. Or consult the USDA people.

>>...Which decision would you "accuse" me to have already tak
>>en before
>>making a conclusion based on that data? ??
>
>Your vegetarian stuff. Nuts are better than animal foods. Etc etc.
Thats *your* thoughts.
Nuts are an alternative, and they have advantages.
Didn't you read my conclusion?

It was: nuts and brains/marrow are historically correct solutions
to the w-3 fat problem.
Non-historic, modern a
lternatives were flax-oil or sardines (seafood).

Now, what is *your* personal alternative, practically?
Brains or fish or flax or walnuts or else?

>My conclusiuon is that you perseverate on tidbits of info (like walnuts) to
>protect your "a priori" that animal foods are lessor than plant foods.

Kirt, that are not tidbids.

I try to go through all the essential and crucial points of a nutrition
to *validate* the drawbacks, advantages, dangers of a diet.
I think, that anyone proposing a certain kind of nutrition should have that
theroetical background when discussing it.
There is no "a priori" and no put down or make "lessor".
They *all* advantages and disadvantages on the one or other topic and
I want to know about them.

>Why
>don't you just try experimenting on yourself and leave the nutritional
>charts alone for a while. Eat neanderthin for six mon
ths and then report
>your experience. Then you can say, "For _me_, blah blah blah..." which
>would be much more palatable than what you are posting these days.

I do my own experimenting of course.
For _me_ :
I'm eating my paleoseeds-and-herbs for several years now and still do some modifications,
many inspired by information i gathered (or hunted) here.
For me it works perfect, I'm feeling fine and full of energy.
I have few problems to get my food items, they are reasonable cheap and
available in top quality. I don't do counting of calories and can follow my whishes.
I weigh 70kg at 1.84 meters.
I'm still struggling with coffee (always black).
I was told (by a test) that i was allergic to hazel and one meat i forgot.
Some modifications cause certain changes.
For example, as soon as the fiber part in my diet goes down
i'm going to miss a feeling of satisfaction in my belly.

regards

Amadeus