From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:39:49 EST
In a message dated 3/22/01 7:46:01 AM, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

<< I do know that my tsh has risen while low-
carbing and my free t-3 levels have dropped dramatically, but I am hoping
that this is just my body adjusting/compensating for fat loss.  >>

ANY diet that results in weight loss will cause the metabolism to drop to
some extent, and therefore the TSH to rise and free T-3 to fall, at least
temporarily. This is a built-in survival mechanism against starvation. See
Dr. Atkins' Age-Defying Diet Revolution, page 158. Omega 3 oils are
essential, as in essential fatty acids. I don't see how something essential
could be toxic.

Just my 2 cents.
Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY