From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:08:23 -0500
----- "william" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Those of us who have blood sugar problems do suffer ill effects if we
> lose track of the EFA:protein proportion. Your hunger was a reliable
> signal of relative low fat intake.

Since the abbreviation EFA designates the omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated "essential fatty acids", I'm guessing you just meant my overall fat to protein ratio. In any event, you're dead wrong on this point. I was *very* careful to keep my fat intake high. Whatever the problem was, it wasn't that.

> > What I find is that if I have a moderate amount of carbs with dinner,
> > paleo or not, my appetite is more regulated, and I'm not hungry for
> > the rest of the evening.
>
> This is typical of those who fail zc, and hard to avoid in a low fat and
> carb-addicted world.

Words like "addicted" get thrown around loosely. I'm not sure where you're going with this. If your point is that some people who don't do so well on ZC do better with some carbs, then yes, I agree.

> > I don't present my experience as in any way normative.
>
> It looks like it is normative for those who fail.

I don't think so. My experience is my experience, and doesn't create a standard for others.

> No one has demonstrated that ZC is the healthiest or best
> > way to eat.
>
> I did, and do.

Sorry, but your experience isn't normative either. You are one person, with one set of experiences, just as I am one person, with one set of experiences. The difference is that you believe that your experiences are normative for the entire human race.

Todd Moody