From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:27:38 -0800
I really would like to somehow convince stevia and
> chocolate to have a get-together, but need a recipe?  Anyone tried
> this?
>
> Erik

Hi Erik,
Try this,
2 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate, 1 teaspoon of coconut milk, 2
teaspoons coconut cream, (the thick stuff that floats to the top of
canned coconut milk, unsweetened of course, 1 tablespoon chopped nuts of
choice, and sweeten to taste with stevia.  I use 1/2 teaspoon because it
is very sweet and I enjoy a bitter sweet chocolate.

Melt chocolate in microwave, add coconut milk and cream, mix very well,
add stevia, mix well, then add nuts.  You want to add the stevia after it
has been nuked and cooled slightly, but still hot.  Cooking ruins the
sweetness and you are left with bitterness.  Spread out on wax paper and
allow to cool.  Break into pieces.   Instead of nuts, I sometimes add
shredded coconut instead.  If this is too chocolate, then cut back to one
square.  You can use the cocoa powder, but does not hold its form as
well.  Experiment with the amounts above and you can come up with many
different types of chocolates, spreads and dips.
Trish